Tuesday, May 30, 2006

People flirt with me on the bus, and I have no idea what to do. None. This didn't used to happen, like, say, five years ago and before that.

My mother told me in high school that different people look their best at different times in their lives and that high school actually wasn't the best time for that to happen, in the long view.

Well, yeah, but having people act like I'm cute now -- I don't have practice dealing with that. I mean, I don't want to marry these darling women on the morning commute, but freezing seems a little churlish and ungrateful. I am grateful.

And surprised. And confused, and entertained. I just need to figure out how to be polite. Especially because this focused smile stuff tends to happen in the morning, when I myself barely have any smile at all, focused or not.