Tuesday, July 07, 2009

I have some pens with me close to always, but then there was this moment when I had none, and I wanted to write down some words that were emerging. I fretted and memorized.

Then I saw at the edge of the grass in the park a pink pen, which I picked up.

The first thing I noticed about the pen was that it was pink, accessorized with dirt color from actual dirt. The second thing I noticed about the pen was that it had a small plastic figure of Minnie Mouse attached to the top. The third thing I noticed about the pen is that it worked, so I wrote with it.

It took me a while to notice that this particular Minnie Mouse was carrying in her had a wand with a star on the top and that she had wings on her back. This Minnie was coming from the tradition of "I will make you wishes come true," and effectively for me.