Saturday, March 07, 2009

* [same day rewrite] Hazel Henderson writes on the virtues of a steady state economy. I find Hazel Henderson's writing difficult to understand on a sentence by sentence basis. Part of the general idea is that if we keep our dependence on an economy that grows all the time, we will keep eating up the earth's life faster than itcan renew itself. I need to understand Hazel Henderson. I don't understand partly because, realio, trulio, she could write more clearly, but also because I have only lived inside the widespread worship of economic growth, which has worked for me, but may be a not-good idea for us.

Does she say how to get there from her? Further research is needed. I see by www.hazelhenderson.com I haven't even tried to read "Ethical Markets: Growing the Green Economy." Worth a try