Sunday, February 01, 2009

The instruments of the band I.U.D are two drums sets and a sample machine. The musicians of the band are Lizzi Bougatos and Sadie Laska. Both musicians do vocals.

They bring ideas to rehearsal with the idea that all ideas will be used.

Sadie Laska says, "We never try to edit each other. I want Liz to have complete freedom to do whatever she wants. We bring our ideas to practice and find a way to fit them in. I think this freedom always inspires great things to happen. If Liz wants to hit the drums with a sledgehammer and shout through a bullhorn, I am going to find a way to make my drums and samples work with it."

--Information and quotes from an interview with the band by Aaron Rose, a friend of theirs, in ANPQuarterly, Volume 2, Number 2, January, 2009. www.anpqrvca.om